Jeff Kilgore – Kilgore Mediation Services
TMCA Credentialed Distinguished Mediator
- North Texas State University BBA – Finance, 1970.
- University of Houston, Bates School of Law, JD 1973.
- Graduate Certificate in Dispute Resolution- U of H School of Business & Law Center 1998
- Admitted to practice in all State Courts by the Texas Supreme Court since 1973.
- Admitted to practice in the United States Supreme Court.
- Admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas and the Northern District Texas.
- Texas Real Estate License 1968-1969 and 2006 -2013
Alternative Dispute Resolution Training:
- Galveston County Settlement Week Mediation Training.
- AA White Dispute Resolution Institute- University of Houston, School of Business,
- 40-hour training course.
- State Bar of Texas – ADR Section – Advanced Mediation Training. 2000-2018
- Family Law Advanced Mediation Training – South Texas College of Law 1998
- Litigation Risk Analysis – Advanced Mediation Course by Atty. Mediator Institute
- SBOT, CPS Mediation Training – April 1999
- Advanced mediation training SBOT, T.A.M., U of H Clear Lake, Assoc. of Attorney Mediators, AFCC, NASD Dispute Resolution Inc., South Texas College of Law, Univ. of Houston Law Center, 1996-2006
- Galveston County Bar Association Ad litem training 2004-2017
- Domestic Violence in Family Mediation 4 hours 2017
- Family Law Marriage Dissolution Course or Advanced Family Law Course 1995 -2017
- AHLA Advanced Mediation Training
- NASD Arbitration and Mediation Training 1998
- NASD Advanced Arbitration Training 2001,2004
- NASD Arbitration Chairman Training 1999
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators- International Arbitration, advanced training 2001, 2003, 2004
- AHLA Advanced Arbitration Training
- State Bar of Texas Arbitration Training 2003 SBOT Arbitration udate
- Collaborative Family Law Training 2001
- Chorda Two Tract Dispute Resolution Training
- FINRA Advanced Arbitration Training 2005-2015
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Awards Writing 2004
- AAM, TAM, and SBOT ADR Mediation Training 2001-2018
- Houston Bar Annual ADR Conference 2015 and 2017
- AAM, Houston Texas update in Arbitration February 2006
- TAM Ethical Considerations In An Interdisciplinary Profession February 2006
- U of H AA White 32 hour Advanced Family Mediation Course October 2006
- Arbitration Institute UT 10 hour November 2006.
- NASD Chairman New Rules Training April 19, 2007 2 hours FINRA Expungement rules and dispositive Motion Rules 2009 2 hours
- U of H Law Center Advanced Course in Arbitration 28 hours Oct 2009
Arbitrations in Contracts, Employment, NASD &NYSE now FINRA Securities, and employment disputes, Construction, Insurance, Tax & Family Law disputes, 95 + arbitrationsUniv. of Texas Medical Branch Hearing Officer Mediation Experience: 2,000 + mediations
Types of Cases Mediated: Family Law, Contract Disputes, Construction Disputes, Will/Probate Disputes, Personal Injury, DTPA, Real Estate Disputes, Landlord/Tennant Disputes, Tort Claims Act; Maritime; C.P.S.; Criminal Cases; Employment and Termination disputes ,Securities ,Medical Malpractice and False Arrest Cases: Guest Faculty University of Houston School of Business; AA White Dispute Resolution
Training and Lecturer:
U of H Law Center, Co- Director Advanced Family Mediation Course, 2006-2009; Texas A&M U Maritime Academy Galveston Texas 2002-present; lecturer at Galveston College; helped train over 1250 mediation students; Lecturer on Mediation and arbitration – Area Bar Association Meetings and Business organizations, BBB, Ad litem training, Association of Attorney Mediators 2005, 2009 2014. 2015 and 2016 Course director in Mediation training for AAM and lecturer on Breaking impasse at AAM annual meeting Houston Texas 2016;Houston Bar Association Annual ADR Conference Lecture 2017
Conflict management design for business and school systems.
Constitutionality of Warrantless Search and Seizures Irving, Texas Police Academy
Jury Verdicts: 64+ trials over 35 years.
Types of Cases Tried: Premises Liability, Wrongful Death, Workers’ Compensation, Personal Injury, Construction Disputes, Aggravated Rape, DWI, Gross Negligence, Employment discrimination and wrongful termination disputes, Family Law Cases, Termination of Parental Rights, Armed Robbery, Real Estate – Breach of Contract, DTPA, Wrongful Conversion, Benzene/Cancer and Toxic Tort Cases.
- State Bar of Texas – Lawyer since April 1973, ADR Litigation, Family Law Sections
- AA White Dispute Resolution Institute – U of H School of Business and Law Center Associate & Trainer
- Mediators’ Association of Galveston County – President 2 terms 1999 & 2000 Current treasurer 2001-2011
- Galveston County Bar Association – Board member 2002–2008 President 2008-2009
- Galveston County Family Bar Association member
- Texas Association of Mediators – Full Member
- Association of Attorney Mediators – AAM National Member and Houston Branch Member, Director 2014-2016 President 2016-2017 Past President 2017
- Galveston Mediation Services Board Chairman – 2000–2011
- Texas Mediator Credentialing Association- Credentialed Distinguished Mediator January 30, 2004-present
- State Bar of Texas ADR Section, Council Member 2004-2007
- State Bar of Texas ADR Section Secretary 2005-2007
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Member 2002-2007
- Construction Section SBOT Member and on mediator list 2003-2017
- ACR Houston Chapter Member 2005-present and Board of Directors 2011-2014
- Litigation Section SBOT 1996-2017
- Texas State Bar Family Law Section 1978-present
- American Health Lawyers Association- Neutral Panel Arbitrator and Mediator and Consumer Panel 2001 -2003
- NASD, FINRA Board of Arbitrators, #A17630 Invited Chairman list 2006-2016
- NASD/FINRA Resolution Inc. Securities Mediator.
- NYSE Panel of Arbitrators
- Galveston County Court Annexed Mediation List 1997-present
- CPS Mediator Galveston County, Texas 2001-present
- Harris County Courts Mediator
- Southern District of Texas Mediation Panel 1999-2015
- Univ. of Texas Medical Branch Hearing Officer
- Ad Hoc Arbitrator – Commercial, Family, Construction, Insurance, Real Estate
- State Bar of Texas Construction Section Neutrals & Mediator list
- Texas State Comptroller CAD v. Owners’ Arbitration Panel ID # 32022151781 Gulf Coast, Dallas /FT Worth Metroplex and surrounding Counties, Capital Region, and Coastal Plains Region
- Chancellor Grace Episcopal Church Galveston Texas
- Galveston Kiwanis Club President 2004- 2005 member 2002-present
- GIST Swim Team, President 1999
- Trinity Episcopal School Board of Directors and Finance committee member
- Master Scuba diver
- Private Pilot’s license
- MS150 Houston to Austin bike rides 5 times
- Marine and Wildlife Photography
- Sailing and boating Adaptive Sailor coach /instructor